Quality of life is defined as the standard of health, comfort, and happiness experienced by an individual. Swimming pools have been proven to improve quality of life in many ways, leading to a longer, fulfilling life. We’ve put together a list of five ways that swimming pools positively impact quality of life.
1. Opportunity for Socialization
Owning a swimming pool transforms your home into the perfect locale for parties, events, get togethers or even just quality time with friends and family or your spouse. Socializing has many positive effects:
- Improved mood and mental health: A study in the Annals of Family Medicine, gathered 193 seniors with depressive symptoms and provided either individualized physical activity or social visits for six consecutive months. Researchers concluded that social contact may be as effective as physical activity in improving mood and quality of life.
- Reduced risk of dementia: The American Academy of Neurology studied the relationship between dementia, stress, and socialization and found that “people who are socially active and not easily stressed may be less likely to develop dementia.”
2. Benefits of Physical Fitness
Swimming is one of the best cardiovascular activities. Physical activity has been proven to have the following benefits that can improve quality of life:
- Improved physical wellness
- Reduced stress
- Improved mood
- Enables better sleep
- Promotes enthusiasm and optimism
- Reduces risk of many diseases and illnesses
3. Benefits of Outdoor Activity
Spending time outdoors in the fresh air can make you healthier, happier and event increase cognitive functioning. Spending time outdoors at the pool can:
- Amp up vitamin D
- Improve attention and focus
- Enable you to live longer: Research in the Journal of Aging Health found that seniors who spent regular time outdoors lived longer.
You can reap all the benefits that can lead to improved quality of life. Contact Leisure Pools today (www.leisurepoolsusa.com) and Get Swimming in Quality and Style.