Throw a Backyard Poolside Halloween Boo Bash to Celebrate in Style
It’s that time of year again, and although you may be contemplating your attire for the much-anticipated Halloween party, your swimming pool can also get in on the spooktacular fun. During this spookily festive season, prepare to add some imagination to your backyard oasis.
Despite it seeming a little strange to host a pool party in October, you can still have a party by the pool depending on where you live (and whether your pool is heated). Even if the weather isn’t perfect for swimming, you can still throw a great backyard party and make your swimming pool the talk of the neighborhood. There is no reason your backyard pool cannot serve as the ideal background for a spook-tacularly fun event with your family and friends, whether swimming is doable at this time of year or not. This is just one of many ways to utilize your inground backyard fiberglass Leisure Pools® swimming pool, no matter the time of year.
Seven Halloween-Themed Ways to Dress Up Your Swimming Pool
Use some of these creatively stimulating suggestions to give “trick or treat” a fresh spin this year and make your backyard fiberglass pool the guest of honor. You may make your Halloween party the year’s final party with these amusing suggestions, going out on a bewitching high note. Your visitors will remember it for the rest of the year.
- Obviously, you must have the swimming pool. Check. If your pool has a heater, even better. (Just make sure you turn it on.)
- Purchase some entertaining accents to give your pool a terrifying atmosphere. Anything Halloween-themed will work, including hay bales and fall foliage set around the pool. Get some skeletons, pumpkins, headstones, and coffins, too. Glow sticks can be used as accent lighting around your decorations or as floating objects in the pool. To welcome your guests, you might even wish to place a zombie or a scarecrow at the entrance to the pool area.
- Place a fog machine around the water’s edge to create a frightening atmosphere.
- Next, create a playlist of eerie music to help set the mood.
- Then, set some candles out with a Halloween motif.
- Further, display some carved pumpkins with tea lights inside them on the tables. For extra style and enjoyment, don’t forget to add some floating pumpkins to the pool.
- Finally, fill several Halloween-themed cups and mugs with beverages with tasty and refreshing beverages. Anyone up for blood red punch?
Put the Pool Fun on Full Throttle
Now that your pool is stylishly decorated, it’s time to have some fun. Here are some suggestions to get the celebration going:
- First, create a carving station for pumpkins. Allow your visitors to explore their creative sides and see what spooky fun creations they can create with kid-friendly carving tools and even some stencils. You may hold a contest and ask your visitors to choose the best pumpkin. To further enhance the Halloween theme of the pool, display the pumpkins all around it.
- Second, have a costume contest for Halloween. Prizes should be given out for the spookiest, funniest, coolest, and most creative costumes.
- Finally, plan a treasure hunt. Put some party-themed objects into the pool if it’s still open. Using glow sticks will be helpful when searching for sunken treasure. Additionally, you can hide objects around the pool area for party guests to uncover.
Pool Safety First
If swimming is an option at this time, make sure your pool is well-lit and secure to protect the safety of your visitors. Have a few responsible adults on hand who aren’t afraid to keep a close check on anyone who might enter the pool or hang out by the edge of the water. Have warm towels available for your visitors in case they get a bit chilly.
Once you’ve cranked up all the eerie charms, it’s time to invite your pals over for a Halloween Boo Bash filled with fun! Even in October, you can still find fun and creative ways to enjoy your inground backyard fiberglass swimming pool. Hosting a fun-filled gathering by the water will create some incredible memories that will last a lifetime, whether you spend time in or around the pool. Use your imagination and enjoy the results.