Top Myths About Pool Ownership
Probably one of the first thoughts that come to mind when you’re thinking about getting a backyard pool is “I can’t afford it.” Granted, owning a pool is an investment, but it’s far easier – and more affordable – than you might expect.
Leisure Pools™ has a variety of fiberglass pool options that can be tailored to fit any budget, lifestyle, or available backyard space. The overall cost depends on the type of pool you choose any accessories you may select, and corresponding landscaping elements. All of those will have a direct influence on the total cost of your backyard pool project.
However, when you own a backyard pool, you can make it your own personal oasis. Why take an expensive vacation when you can just walk out your backdoor into a private paradise? Further, when you have an inground backyard pool, you can eliminate the costs of paying for membership to community pools and/or any other recreational and outdoor activities you might pursue.
Also, if you value time with family and friends and appreciate creating a lifelong diary of amazing memories, a backyard fiberglass inground pool from Leisure Pools™ will fill that memory bank up…and then some!
So, now that we have that out of the way, let’s explore a few other myths and misconceptions surrounding pool ownership. You just might be pleasantly surprised.
The Top Myths Surrounding Pool Ownership
1) “When getting a backyard pool, my yard will get destroyed and there will be crews at my home forever.” When you decide on purchasing a backyard pool from Leisure Pools™, we want you to understand the building process accurately and fully. Granted, unforeseen elements such as permit delays and weather can disrupt the installation process, but the installation of a backyard fiberglass pool is a simple and efficient process.
2) “It just takes too much time and effort to take care of a pool.” With the technology incorporated in fiberglass swimming pools today, you just might find you spend more time mowing the yard than caring for your pool! Fiberglass pools are designed to be low maintenance. First of all, the gelcoat finish of our fiberglass pools are easy to maintain. Plus, the non-porous surface makes them far less resistant to stains. Further, fiberglass pools don’t need require appreciable chemical maintenance. In reality, most fiberglass pool owners spend about a half an hour each week maintaining their pools. (And for those who would rather just sit back and soak up the sun, consider hiring a professional to get the job done.)
3) “If I get a backyard pool, my utility bills will increase.” Depending on where you live and from which provider you get your utilities, your utility bills can vary. However, your monthly bills will most likely increase by about $30-$50 a month. Compared to the average cost of a vacation and other forms of entertainment, that seems like quite a bargain to us. Plus , when you choose energy-efficient equipment, such as pumps and heaters from Hayward, a leading supplier of pool and spa equipment, you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes with reasonable utility bills.
4) “I worry about accidents and drownings.” As with many activities in life that may involve young children, adult supervision is a necessity. However, you can add additional layers of protection and security to your backyard fiberglass pool with the use of fences, gates, pool alarms, and automatic pool covers. Additionally, “ a study conducted by America’s National Institute of Health revealed that participating in formal swimming lessons is associated with an 88% rate to reduce the risk of drowning in children aged 1 to 4 years.”
5) “A backyard pool requires constant repair work.” A fiberglass swimming pool typically lasts longer than a concrete or vinyl liner pool. This is due to their superior strength, low maintenance finishes, and the incorporation of Composite Armour™, the highest level of technology which Leisure Pools integrates into its pools. This consists of a patented blend of three high-performance fibers. What this essentially means is that each of our fiberglass pools is surrounded in a core of strength which also translates to overall durability.
6) “Pools can take away from the overall value and appeal of a home.” Banks tend to look favorably upon homes with backyard swimming pools. In fact, a pool is often considered a home improvement, the financing for which can often by incorporated into your mortgage.
Final Thoughts about Backyard Fiberglass Pool Ownership to Consider
After separating the myths from the facts about pool ownership, we hope we have given you some insight to begin your own research about what we believe to be one of the best investments you can make with respect to your home. A backyard pool offers so many wonderful benefits, including a place to relax, a place to entertain, a place to get some exercise, and a place to enjoy some of the most incredible moments with your family and friends.
To learn more about Leisure Pools™ and our expansive network of dealers, reach out to us today. You can start reaping the benefits of owning an inground fiberglass backyard pool today! You deserve a Life of Leisure.