How Long Do Fiberglass Swimming Pools Last?
As you navigate the decision-making process about buying an inground swimming pool, you are probably quite excited about all of the fun times you will have enjoying it with family and friends. While there are many questions people have about fiberglass pools, one of the most commonly asked ones is how long do fiberglass swimming pools last?
A Brief Snapshot of the Lifespan of a Swimming Pool
The most common types of swimming pools are vinyl liner pools, concrete pools, and fiberglass pools. Here is a breakdown of their potential lifespan to give you an idea as to which one will go the extra mile for you:
- A vinyl liner pool: This type of swimming pool lacks durability. Most of the research suggests the viny liner itself will last between 6 to 12 years. While this type of pool may cost less than the others, it does require higher maintenance and probably won’t withstand the test of time to your expectations.
- A concrete pool: A concrete pool will most likely out-perform its vinyl pool counterpart. However, you will need to have it resurfaced about every 10 years. Further, concrete pools require more maintenance and increased chemical usage than needed for a fiberglass pool.
- A fiberglass pool: Fiberglass pools are built to last. They can last 30 years or more. However, this does often depend on the manufacturer. When you own an inground fiberglass swimming pool from Leisure Pools™, you can enjoy making a lifetime of memories with family and friends.
Reasons Why Fiberglass Swimming Pools Tend to Last Longer than Concrete or Vinyl Liner Pools
- Superior Strength. As an industry leader, Leisure Pools™ invests in the best raw materials, the development of new technology, and exceptional quality control processes of manufacturing. The end result? The highest standards possible. Isn’t that what you want when you have made the investment towards a lifetime of enjoyment?
- Low Maintenance. The gelcoat finish on our fiberglass swimming pools always looks great. It is also easy to maintain. Due to its smooth and non-porous surface, it cleans easily and is built to resist stains. We offer some of the best swimming pool colors in the world to reflect your lifestyle with our AquaGuard™ fiberglass pool color range.
- Composite Armour™. This is the good stuff. Every fiberglass pool shell from Leisure Pools™ is comprised of a patented Composite Armour™ Core of Strength. That may be a mouthful, but what is means to us is that we integrate the highest level of technology into our pools. Further, our company is the only company of which we are aware that is wholly committed to providing advancements of this caliber.
- Vinyl Ester Resin Construction. There is a lot going on in each of our fiberglass pools to ensure your confidence. Leisure Pools™ uses a unique blend of three tough fibers – DuPont™ Kevlar®, Carbon Fiber, and Basalt Fiber.
If you are not familiar with those fibers, here is a quick peek into their superpowers:
- DuPont™ Kevlar® allows the pool to bend without stretching or shrinking. It’s incredibly strong yet lightweight and durable at the same time. It’s a heat resistant fiber that provides outstanding strength for increased protection and performance.
- Carbon Fiber is known for its high compressive strength, above and beyond all reinforcing materials. When combined with vinyl ester resin, it provides a high strength-to-weight ratio. In other words, it helps make your fiberglass pool extra resilient.
- Basalt Fiber is included in our patented blend to provide increased resistance to fracture. It is used as an alternative to steel rebar for reinforcement purposes. Made from volcanic rock, this fiber is much tougher and stronger than steel, easier to work with, and has a higher tensile strength. Basalt rebar is also naturally resistant to rust, acids, and alkali.
When these three fibers are combined with vinyl ester resin, a composite matrix of structure and strength is formed. It is designed in this manner to provide increased stability against external pressures. As a result, Leisure Pools™ is able to offer a Lifetime Structural Warranty and a Lifetime Structural Osmosis Warranty. Translation? You get the best available warranty available on the market today.
And speaking of warranties…
The Fiberglass Swimming Pool Warranty from Leisure Pools™
The warranty of a fiberglass swimming pool from Leisure Pools™ may just be the most important part of it. While it is not part of the overall aesthetics of the pool itself, it does inspire great confidence in your investment. After all, when you purchase an inground backyard fiberglass swimming pool, you want it to be strong, durable, and built to withstand the test of time.
Not all manufacturers’ warranties are created equal, either. At Leisure Pools™, however, our focus goes beyond building a great swimming pool. We focus on building the best composite pool. Our warranty is our seal of commitment to a quality product. We know you want to make the right decision when it comes to choosing an inground backyard fiberglass swimming pool. As such, we stand behind our products.
Let us know your reasons for choosing a fiberglass swimming pool. When you are ready to dive in and make a splash, contact us to connect with a dealer near you. Your well-deserved life of leisure is waiting for you. Are you ready to swim in quality and style?